"Inspiring you to gain the confidence to find the purpose and passion in your career."
Location: Jacksonville, FL
How will clients benefit with you as their coach?
What results have clients reported after working with you?
- Understand and manage career changes
- Tap into your hidden talents, abilities and skills using self-assessments
- Create career possibilities that fuel your interests and passions
- Clarify your strengths and develop an action plan
- Develop branding statements and marketing strategies that help you network confidently
- Networking / Building Relationships / Conducting Informational Interviews
- Prepare you to seal the interview and handle the job offer
- Negotiate salaries and benefits
- Make a successful transition
What do clients say about working with you?
- Developed insights into their strengths and believed that someone will compensate them for their skills
- Increased confidence to follow their passions and dreams
- Appreciated having a coach to lean on when they got discouraged and to cheer them on to success
- Landed their ideal positions
What are 5 strengths you have as a coach?
- “I was at a real loss as to what I wanted to do with my life because I did not think that my life’s dream was compatible with the American marketplace. I thought that I would have to find a “runner-up” career instead, or pursue my deepest joy merely on a part-time, volunteer level. But thanks to you and the confidence you gave me, I was able to realize that I could make it happen! Over the past year, that is exactly what I’ve been doing, and I have enjoyed every day of this journey.” College Professor
- “During the early period of my transition, I was going it alone. I made the decision during this challenging job market that my search needed a jump start. I felt Marilyn was the best person to turn to as my personal career coach. She has a very focused approach, using different techniques to gain an understanding of the job seekers’ strengths and weaknesses, as well as their target positions. Using this analysis, she then zeros in as she finds the best way to describe those strengths and targets positions for networking contacts and potential employers. Together, we created a marketing strategy, enhanced my résumé, developed a more effective and versatile ‘elevator speech’ as well as a business card. When opportunities came, she helped prepare me for the interviews. Marilyn was always available for supportive consultation, comments and advice. She is now part of my professional support team. I’ve recommended her without hesitation to several friends and fellow job seekers.” Executive
- “My transition into the finance industry began a new world of professional opportunities, and I have Marilyn to thank. Marilyn took the time to understand my professional strengths, accomplishments, and aspirations fully. She translated that information into a powerful résumé that garnered attention for positions I never knew were possible. My phone rang multiple times. Marilyn’s assistance did not stop with just my résumé; she coached me on interviewing and job negotiations. I felt as if I had a partner with me each step of the way. Marilyn is now a critical component to my professional support team—when I’m ready to begin new challenges, she will be the first person I call.” COO/Consultant/Trainer
- “She helped me first focus on what skills/knowledge I wanted to use, where I could use these, and with what kind of organizational culture. Marilyn not only helped me search out sources, recalibrate my résumé and cover letter, but also served as the consummate cheerleader. I could not have found the ideal job without Marilyn’s expert advice and counsel and the emotional support she offered during the most trying of times, in the most trying of economies.” Senior V.P. of Human Resources
- “She’s outstanding!” She helped me navigate from “soup-to-nuts,” including self-assessment, networking strategies, formal/informal research, job offer, debrief, etc. I highly recommend her. She’s a valuable resource.” CEO
- “You taught me the value of getting out there, truly networking. I don’t think I would have had any offers at all if I relied only on the Internet. Thank you! Project Manager
What is your coaching philosophy?
- Insightful and creative
- Passionate about obtaining results
- Caring and nurturing
- Evoke positive energy in a world filled with negative news
- Excel at branding clients based on their unique gifts, talents and abilities
- Skilled at helping clients find the right path
I give you the tools, techniques and support to develop a career plan to fulfill your goals, successfully market yourself and gain proven job search skills that get results.
What types of people do you typically coach?
What is your professional background?
- Managers and professionals
- Recent college graduates
- Individuals in career transition within or outside their organizations
- Those who want to find their purpose and passion
How can clients get started working with you as their coach?
- President of Career Choices Unlimited, Inc. for 10+ years
- Certified as a Job and Career Transition Coach (JCTC), a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and as a Qualified Administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- More than 20 years’ experience working in both corporate and nonprofit organizations
- Held several management / leadership positions of increasing responsibility at AT&T American Transtech, Director of Staffing at AccuStaff PeopleSystems and Vice President of Employment at Merrill Lynch
- Adjunct Full Professor of Career Management at Webster University Graduate School
- Provided career transition services as a Senior Consultant for several outplacement companies, including Drake Beam Morin (DBM), Inc., Spherion, The Curtiss Group International and Williams, Roberts, Young, Inc.
- Assisted in the merger of BB&T Bank and First South Bank by creating and managing a Career Center and providing individualized coaching, which resulted in 100% placement of all downsized employees
- Professional Speaker to more than 7,000 employees at numerous professional organizations, including ASTD, SHRM, PMI, ISPI, IIBA, FENG, the University of North Florida, Nova Southeastern University, Webster University and many more
- Featured on TV4, Channel 47 News, National Public Radio and Clear Channel Radio discussing career-related topics
- Past President and current Vice President of the Career Management Special Interest Group for the Northeast Florida Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- ASTD Board Member for 10 years
- Career Coach in the Career Center at ASTD ICE in Atlanta, GA and Orlando, FL
- Member of ASTD, Career Directors International (CDI), International Coaches Federation (ICF), First Coast Coaches Association (FCCA), Career Planning & Adult Network, and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Honored with The Excellence in Coaching and Mentoring Award presented by the University of North Florida, ASTD and SHRM
- Published in three résumé books: No-Nonsense Résumés by Career Press , Expert Résumés for Baby Boomers by JIST Works and the Directory of Professional Resume Writers: How To Find and Work with a Pro to Accelerate Your Job Search by JIST Works. Also published in Job Search Bloopers: Every Mistake You Can Make on the Road to Career Suicide…and How to Avoid Them by Career Press
- Master’s degree in Public Administration from Penn State University, specializing in Human Resource Management and Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Arts degree in American Studies and Sociology from The University of South Florida
You will then be directly contacted by the head of the coaching program to select the right coach for you.
- Order Online through our secure checkout: Click one of the Add to Cart buttons below
- Order by Phone: Call our ordering department toll free at 888-491-8833
Career Coaching Programs
What You Get
Add to Cart
Introduction to Coaching
||New to coaching? Don’t know who you want to work with yet? This package is for you! It includes:
- Up to three complimentary 20-minute Coach Fit calls
- 90 minutes of coaching with your chosen coach
Non Member: $449.00
Coaching Power Pack
||Know who you want to work with? Get started right away with this package of three 60-minute coaching sessions
Non Member: $687.00