Location: Berkeley, California
How will clients benefit with you as their coach?
My clients develop confidence and skill related to their ability to manage their careers and their lives – and they also develop “auxiliary” life skills (e.g., boundary-setting, time management) that reduce stress and make problem-solving easier.
What results have clients reported after working with you?
- Improved communications with management, colleagues, and clients
- Shifts in professional goals and job roles
- Successful interviews
- Development of self-management skills essential to goal attainment
- Consistent progress toward coaching goals
- Increased excitement, energy and confidence!
What do clients say about working with you?
What strengths do you have as a coach?
- "During my time of career transition, Kirsten was able to ask the insightful questions that provided me a focused direction in areas where I needed professional development…One of things I most appreciate about my work with Kirsten is that she was able to provide a path of development in completely workable steps."
-- MG, art director, architecture/engineering firm
- "My work schedule had shifted so that it began to prevent me from maintaining the active lifestyle and physical wellness I had become accustomed to, and Kirsten assisted me in prioritizing, rearranging, and reducing the amount of time spent on other activities so that I could pursue personal interests without sacrificing the time I needed for work."
-- TE, director, medical software firm
- "Kirsten has helped me troubleshoot a range of challenges I was facing at my previous workplace: She helped me to improve my communications and resolve conflict with staff and clients; she helped me to find creative solutions when it appeared that the conflicting values of other staff might prevent me from making my voice heard; and she helped me to move forward with difficult projects with clarity and confidence. Currently I’m self-employed and I continue to work with Kirsten to get clear about the most effective way to communicate and market my services."
-- RF, educator and parent coach
- "Kirsten is compassionate and practical, good at steering the focus toward concrete goals, and good at getting me to feel empowered and excited about the goals I am trying to reach. And her experience as a counselor and professional writer adds to the value she brings to coaching. I would recommend her to anyone looking for help moving forward – she’s great!"
-- SB, college professor
What is your coaching philosophy?
- I place a high value on concrete, clearly-defined action: I’ll ask you to get very clear about the steps you need to take; I’ll ask you to commit to taking those steps; you and I will determine whether and how your actions move you forward; and we’ll adjust our process as necessary if you aren’t moving forward in the way you’d like.
- I’m truly committed to my clients’ work- and life satisfaction, and I have a highly-developed respect for my clients. I’m nonjudgmental, I’m very interested, and I’m also very down-to-earth, with an active sense of humor.
- Some clients think or do things that get in the way of their professional development. My professional background has provided me with training in a range of tools that neutralize self-sabotage or self-doubt – and I’m able to help clients use these tools in concrete and structured ways.
"Are you dissatisfied with some aspect of your work (or life)? I help clients achieve that which is most important to them, and I also help clients to transform those situations, perspectives, or habits that get in the way of this achievement. You were meant to thrive, to work and live in a way that satisfies you and fits with who you are and what you need!"
What types of people do you typically coach?
What is your professional background?
- Small business owners seeking to take their venture to the next level
- Professionals seeking a career change
- Individuals who are frustrated with work (or home) due to gaps in boundary-setting skills or anger/conflict-management skills
- Individuals facing challenging work- or life transitions
- Individuals who feel "stuck" in work or relationships due to "internal" factors, for example, "unhelpful" habits, perspectives or beliefs
I have my BA in psychology; a master’s in clinical social work; and extensive training in positive assertiveness and conflict resolution; and I worked with folks as a psychotherapist prior to entering the world of coaching. I’ve also spent many years as a professional writer/editor, primarily serving academic communities in and outside the U.S. and also providing resume-writing services.
How can clients get started working with you as their coach?
You will then be directly contacted by the head of the coaching program to select the right coach for you.
- Order Online through our secure checkout: Click one of the Add to Cart buttons below
- Order by Phone: Call our ordering department toll free at 888-491-8833
Career Coaching Programs
What You Get
Add to Cart
Introduction to Coaching
||New to coaching? Don’t know who you want to work with yet? This package is for you! It includes:
- Up to three complimentary 20-minute Coach Fit calls
- 90 minutes of coaching with your chosen coach
Non Member: $449.00
Coaching Power Pack
||Know who you want to work with? Get started right away with this package of three 60-minute coaching sessions
Non Member: $687.00