The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) in Arlington, VA, a professional scientific society, seeks a Web Content Manager. The Web Content Manager is responsible for building and executing a web strategy, based on the strategic plan, program priorities and marketing plans, for AAPS. The Web Content Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the AAPS website, including revising and developing content using AAPS Style Guidelines, best practices and AAPS’s goals and priorities. The Web Content Manager advises staff on strategies to achieve program goals, and is responsible for editing, and approving website updates. The Web Content Manager also works closely with consultants as necessary to troubleshoot, maintain, and revise website content and components.
- Create and execute the web strategy for AAPS;
- Manage website day-to-day, including creating, revising and posting content;
- Manage graphic and text content changes/additions including display ads, promos, banners, rotating messages, catalogs, photos, videos;
- Monitor marketing strategy development, and develop and execute website’s role in supporting marketing goals;
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify, develop, and post images and select content for website;
- Advise staff teams to determine needs, advise on solutions, and develop plans, while monitoring required deadlines;
- Provide excellent customer service to members in a professional, customer-service oriented manner;
- Identify new content opportunities, while exploring ways to repurpose existing content throughout the site;
- Monitor website traffic, responding to website feedback, and implementing changes to the site's layout and content based on website analytics and usability testing;
- Maintain and grow knowledge of platforms and systems and best practices in web management and association management.
- Liaise with IT systems experts internally and with consultants on technical aspects of the systems used to house and maintain the content;
- Employ website best practices for both end user and in-house content contributor;
- Assess and report on performance of website through Google analytics data and user feedback.