Position Concept: The Executive Director will manage all Section business activities and programs in accordance with Association and Section objectives. Duties will include managing staff, assets and providing programs. The Executive Director will coordinate and provide programs and services including; education, tournaments, meetings and fund raising activities. Additionally, the Executive Director will ensure ongoing and regular communication to the members of the Section of all Association related news and information. The Iowa Section PGA Executive Director shall also serve in the capacity of Executive Director for the Iowa PGA Foundation, and shall fulfill the same prescribed duties and responsibilities, working with the Foundation Board of Directors. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Shall be chief executive officer and administrator of the Section and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Association.
• Update, implement and enforce Section constitution, by-laws, regulations, and policies established by the Board of Directors.
• Shall be authorized to speak for the Section and shall keep the president advised of such statements.
• Shall be authorized to enter into contracts on behalf of the Section and shall keep the Officers and Board of Directors aware of such contracts.
• Accountable for all financial affairs of the Section and its subsidiary companies, and shall maintain proper internal controls to protect Section assets.
• Coordinate all Code of Ethics procedures with the Membership Chairman from beginning to end, acting in accordance with PGA of America Code of Ethics guidelines and procedures.
• Assure that Section is adequately insured.
• Approve all expenditures and manage the annual budget of the Association.
• Work with the Section's Finance Chairman and the PGA of America in preparing all financial records, reports and tax filings.
• Ensure all member classifications and job information is current and accurate.
• Shall ensure all ADP requirements are met and the Section is operated under in compliance with the PGA of America and its Section Activity Guidelines.
• Maintain good working relations with allied associations.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION AND GENERAL POLICY:
• Report and be accountable to the Officers of the Section.
• Responsible for writing job descriptions for each employee of the Section office.
• Shall hire, reprimand or dismiss employees.
• Shall train, supervise, counsel and review all employees.
• Shall make employee salary and benefit recommendations to the Section Officers and Finance Committee.
• Establish and implement employment and office policies and procedures.
• Shall be an ex-officio member of all committees of the Section. Work with and on behalf of all Committee chairpersons.
• Shall prepare and distribute all meeting agendas, verify attendance and provide and maintain all board and committee meeting minutes.
• Shall set his/her own schedule so as to meet the requirements and duties of his/her position.
• Attend all Board Meetings and General Membership Meetings unless other Association business prohibits such attendance.
• Attend the PGA of America Annual Meeting, District meetings, Regional meetings, and the National Executive Directors Conference at the expense of the Section, and the PGA Merchandise Show with the approval of the Section Officers.
• Serve on any PGA of America committees if chosen.
• Coordinate and communicate Section delegation travel and lodging to National, Regional, District, and section meetings.
• Work closely with PGA of America Employment Consultant to maximize benefit to members and employers located within the Section.
STRATEGIC PLANNING (LONG AND SHORT TERM):
• Coordinate and supervise preparation of the Section’s long and short range business objectives.
• Supervise formulation of the annual Section Business Plan and ensure its submission to PGA of America.
SPONSOR & PARTNER DEVELOPMENT:
• Responsible for the procurement of all corporate sponsorship and partnership sales for the Section.
• Maintain all appropriate sponsorship and marketing contracts.
• Work closely with all Section sponsors to ensure their satisfaction.
IOWA PGA FOUNDATION:
• Serve in the capacity of Executive Director of the Iowa PGA Foundation. In this capacity he/she shall be responsible for managing and supervising the Iowa Section PGA staff to perform the administration of all Foundation programs and activities.
• Work in cooperation with the Foundation Board of Directors to fulfill all necessary requirements and reporting as required by state and federal regulations to maintain 501©3 status.
MEMBER PROGRAM MANAGEMENT:
• In cooperation with the Section Education Committee, administrate education programs for Section members corresponding to industry demands.
• In cooperation with the Section Tournament Committee, administrate the annual Section tournament schedule.
IMPORTANT RESUME DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS:
PGA Employment Services is conducting a Platinum Level Service CareerLinks search for the Iowa Section PGA.
Resumes will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be sent to the e-mail address above and should not be sent to the section.
The subject line of the e-mail should read: "Your Name - Resume for Iowa Section PGA".
All candidates are required to submit their materials in one (1) PDF document.
Resume Deadline: 03/20/2017
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May 1, 2017