The Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate (HRACRE) provides a unified voice for the commercial real estate industry. Representing over 500 members dedicated to promoting the best interests of commercial real estate in Hampton Roads, HRACRE focuses on educating members on relevant issues, advocating for local, regional and statewide legislative initiatives, promoting economic development, creating an environment in which members can build relationships, and mentoring the next generation of real estate professionals. Through monthly meetings and a network of committees and special events, HRACRE provides members many opportunities to participate in our core value of promoting the evolution of commercial real estate in Hampton Roads.
HRACRE is currently seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Executive Director to implement the strategic objectives of our Board of Directors and Executive Committee while managing our day-to-day operations. This position will be based at our office in Virginia Beach, VA.
As HRACRE’s Executive Director, you will serve as the face of the Association. The core focus of the role will be to drive revenue and grow the membership of HRACRE. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and success in the following areas:
- Developing and executing a strategic vision for a membership association resulting in increased membership and retention of membership base.
- Initiating development strategies that drive overall revenue growth year over year.
- Effectively managing a team aligned to support the strategic mission of an organization.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Plans, formulates and recommends to the Board of Directors basic policies and programs to further the objectives of the association.
- Manages the administrative operations of the association and develops specific policies, procedures and programs to carry out.
- Develops workforce strategy to recruit, train, and motivate staff. Establishes performance standards and goals for all projects and major activities of staff.
- Functions as “chief advocate” of the association; maintains effective relationships with public and private organizations, promotes interest and active participation of the association’s activities.
- Executes communication strategy to the membership and others; serves as Executive Editor of official publications.
- Prepares reporting, presentations and communications to Board of Director, Executive Committee and other key leaders/organizations.
- Develops and implements a fiscally responsible annual budget in cooperation with the Finance Committee and within confines of established guidelines.
- Develops and coordinates legislative, regulatory and political efforts and maintains relationships with government officials and agencies impacting the industry.
Candidates must be expert problem solvers and relationship builders in addition to having the following qualifications:
- Minimum four-year degree in relevant field; preferably Business Management
- 3+ years of association or non-profit management experience; Commercial Real Estate or Real Estate industry experience preferred
- Experience managing business operations and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively with Board of Directors, Executive Committee members, staff members, and leaders from outside organizations
- Experience with government or municipal affairs a plus
As our Executive Director, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation including a well-rounded benefits package.
For confidential consideration, please send cover letter (must include salary requirements) and resume to Dany Bourjolly Smith, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at email@example.com.