Executive Operations Specialist - Schaumburg, IL - Flexible Hybrid Schedule
American Society of Anesthesiologists
Location: Schaumburg, IL 60173
Type: Full Time
Administrative, Clerical, Support
4 Year Degree
EXECUTIVE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST – SCHAUMBURG, IL – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
Feel good about your work—and your workplace.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) team provides education, resources, and advocacy to help our members improve the experience and safety of patients in their care. You can be a part of this important work—join more than 160 change-makers, collaborators, and advocates as we continually strive for excellence.
We live our core values of collaboration, dedication, commitment, and improvement every day. And we know that diversity in the way we look, think, learn, and live makes everything ASA does better. Our policies, culture, and people reinforce this commitment every day. As a result, ASA has been named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago and the Nation® for the past six years.
ASA offers flexible hybrid work arrangements, a "dress for your day" mindset, generous time off, plus big development and educational opportunities, so you can write your own story. What's more because ASA is a professional association—not a corporation—we value performance over profits.
As part of the health care community, we offer a full slate of health, financial, and wellness benefits to support individual and family needs, including quality health care at a reasonable cost, 401K match, a free fitness center, breastmilk shipping, CALM subscription, volunteer committees, employee resource groups, and much more.
Be part of a collaborative, caring community. Reach out to ASA today!
The Executive Operations Specialist is responsible for a variety of activities primarily focused on ensuring that the Division’s administrative requirements are being executed effectively and that Chief Operating Officer’s time is planned and expended with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
The Executive Operations Specialist also provides administrative support to the Chief Learning Officer and provides project support for the Operating Division. This includes responsibilities such as scheduling, calendar management, travel arrangements, correspondence, budgeting support, expense reporting, contract tracking; timesheet processing; and other duties as needed.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Manages and executes the COO’s requests and priorities. Makes recommendations as to disposition and priority.
· Reviews and prioritizes COO email and other communications. Drafts high level correspondence on behalf of COO. Develops and maintains system to track correspondence and follow-up.
· Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the COO, including but not limited to collecting and preparing information for meetings and making meeting/travel arrangements.
· On behalf of the COO helps to manage and prioritize assigned projects. Anticipates, plans, and researches support material for COO’s meeting obligations including speaking engagements, governance meetings and presentations, etc. Prepares reports, presentation materials, and talking points as required.
· Provides calendar management for the COO. Prioritizes inquiries, manages conflicts, makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day to day workflow and the appropriate balance between meeting commitments and time needed to complete work.
· Provides general administrative support to the Chief Learning Officer, such as scheduling, travel arrangements, budgeting support, and other activities as needed.
· Coordinates and prepares expense reports for the COO, CLO, and others as assigned.
· Provides administrative support as needed for department budgeting, invoice reconciliation and coding processes.
· Assist departments within the Operating Division on various projects, as needed.
· Manages oversight of receipt and processing of contracts and contract coversheets and prepares for signature by COO, CLO or other designated signee.
· Completes weekly input of COO and CLO timesheets for HR approval and approves (on COO/CLO’s behalf) time sheet input.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 3 years executive level administrative support required; project management and meeting coordination background, a plus.
· Comfortable with high volume of member contact.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Proficient in the use of SharePoint and various listserv tools.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics and/or Acumen preferred.
· Team spirit and flexibility are needed.
· Excellent proofreading skills.
· Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to stay focused when work is interrupted on a frequent basis and in high stress environments.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!