Basic Function: The Director, Membership is responsible for driving engagement and creating a positive and lasting impression on CFMA’s membership. Assists the VP, Member Services by directing and providing input on the development of CFMA’s products, services, partners and member interaction with the ultimate goal of creating member value. Directs the development and maintenance of CFMA’s membership department and retention/recruitment efforts.
Reports To: Vice President, Member Services
Specific Responsibilities: Director, Membership duties to include but are not limited to:
1. Work with VP, Member Services to develop annual member recruitment campaigns and targeted campaigns to membership segments.
2. Designs presentations and presents to both members and non-members on the value of CFMA membership.
3. Engage with chapter leaders while keeping them informed on the status of membership, member renewals and member value.
4. Develop and maintain various tracking metrics on membership segments to be used for focused retention campaigns.
5. Develop work processes and procedures to efficiently handle new member sign ups and annual member renewals.
6. Determine ways to measure the member experience, satisfaction and loyalty through various surveys and other feedback vehicles.
7. Determine a baseline and future measurements that will be used on a periodic basis to measure CFMA’s success towards delivering value and/or evaluating products.
8. Maintain and enhance relationships with CFMA’s affinity partners.
9. Seek out new affinity partners with product or service offerings that provide value to CFMA’s members.
10. Works internally with various departments and externally to creatively communicate the member value proposition and benefits to both current and prospective members.
11. Serve as Staff Co-Chair of the Membership Committee, Heavy/Highway Committee and Sub-Specialty Committee. Take the lead on task forces of each of these committees when necessary.
12. Supervise Membership Department administrative staff.
Additional duties to include but not be exclusive to: Special projects assigned by the Vice President, Member Services; Vice President, Operations; President & CEO; and other CFMA committees.
• Outgoing, multi-tasking, high achiever with a positive attitude preferably with a previous association background in the member recruitment, service and/or marketing areas.
• Ability to make presentations that effectively articulate CFMA benefits to members and prospective members.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills; ability to share a message in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong organizational skills, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
• Must be able to work as an integral part of a team and maintain good rapport with all departments.
• Must be able to manage multiple, high-priority projects with minimal supervision.
• Advanced user of standard Office software and AMS database software preferred.
• Ability to travel.
• Bachelors Degree or higher preferred.
• Supervision of projects and staff required.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Construction Financial Management Association
Founded in 1981, CFMA is the only organization dedicated to bringing together construction financial professionals and those partners serving their unique needs. CFMA serves more than 8,200 members via 98 chapters located throughout the US and Canada.