The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is currently searching for a dynamic, technically minded individual to be the staff lead for its Utility Engineering and Surveying Institute (UESI)with full charge to influence, initiate, and implement appropriate UESI activities and programs for the benefit of our members, their professional well-being, and the growth of Institute members and revenues.
• Direct and manage overall administrative operations of Institute (manage and develop staff, establish budget, reconcile finances) consistent with the policies of ASCE
• Plan, coordinate, and execute existing technical conferences and develop new technical conferences and workshops
• Support and guide the Institutes Board of Governors (BOG) and serve as Secretary to the BOG
• Manage technical, educational, professional and standards activities; facilitate the advancement of Institute committee activities in those areas
• Network with other similarly aligned organizations and identify opportunities to partner with them and respond appropriately to potential challenges
• Respond to various inquiries of Institute membership and determine appropriate resources
• Responsible for UESI magazine content and schedule
• A 4-year degree in engineering or technically related field, or association management – an advanced degree isdesired
• 8-10 years’ experience in engineering, surveying or association management experience with a technically oriented organization
• Demonstrated success managing people and programs
• Mastery of the MS Office Suite of products
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
ASCE is a nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of civil engineering in order to serve the public good.
To accomplish ASCE's mission, ASCE staff works together as a team, based on a foundation of trust, striving for individual and organizational excellence. To achieve our shared goals, we maintain a relentless focus on members and a commitment to continuously grow and improve individually and collectively.
For consideration, submissions of interest must contain a resume and cover letter w/salary requirements.
Founded in 1852, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) represents more than 147,000 members of the civil engineering profession worldwide, and is America's oldest national engineering society. ASCE's vision is to position engineers as global leaders building a better quality of life.