The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington, DC, is seeking a full-time Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager. Based in Washington, DC, ASM is part of one of science’s most exciting fields. ASM is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, energetic individual who is looking for a great opportunity. The incumbent would be responsible for timely and accurate accounting and reporting for grants, taxes, cash, debt, investments, fixed assets, and inventory management; financial statement preparation and general ledger maintenance; and ensuring sound internal controls and adherence to policies and procedures.If you are ready for a real challenge and to make a real difference in science, apply for this unique position today.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• At least five years of accounting experience, at least three years with not-for-profit exposure, and at least two years of public accounting experience
• Some Federal grant and not-for-profit tax experience preferred
• At least two years of supervisory experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
• CPA a plus
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and accounting systems; Sage Intacct and NetForum a plus
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
• Excellent communication skills
• High-level of dependability, integrity, and self-confidence
• Desire to learn, think outside the box and be adaptive to change.
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.
About American Society for Microbiology
The American Society for Microbiology is the oldest and largest single life science membership organization in the world. Membership has grown from 59 scientists in 1899 to more than 39,000 members today, with more than one third located outside the United States. The members represent 26 disciplines of microbiological specialization plus a division for microbiology educators.