This is a new position that will be an integral part of an expansion of an award-winning and highly successful communications program consisting of media relations, social media, publications, video, website and consumer outreach. The new assistant director of communications will be a key member of a five-person staff of creative and experienced professionals, and have a direct hand in shaping strategy and implementing existing and new programs.
Successful candidate will be tech-savvy, have successful experience in developing new-media outreach and be a creative thinker, while also knowing how to manage and develop effective communications programs.
The position reports to the director of communications and will have substantial interaction with all staff, including the executive director.
• Oversee expansion of social media to help heighten public awareness about the important issue of insurance fraud.
• Help develop and implement web strategy to maximize Internet presence.
• Help implement promotion plan to expand audience for existing newsletters.
• Oversee development of new e-mail newsletters on specific topics important to constituents.
• Oversee expansion of video and infographic capabilities to distribute existing and new information products.
• Provide concepts, writing, editing and production of traditional media products, including newsletter and journal articles, annual reports, and news releases, development of media lists, issue research, and assistance in developing media strategy.
• BA/BS, preferably in communications, journalism, English or marketing.
• At least five years’ experience in communications, media and/or public relations.
• Extensive knowledge and professional experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogging.
• Intuitive capability with computer and Internet technology, preferably on the Macintosh platform; successful experience with SEO.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
The Coalition Against Insurance Fraud is a national alliance of insurers, consumers and government agencies dedicated to combating all forms of insurance fraud through legislative advocacy and consumer education. Founded in 1993, it is headquartered in Washington, D.C.