Chapter Relations, Education and Training, Project Management/Program Development
2 Year Degree
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Manager of Safety Programs and Initiatives will be primarily responsible for Managing the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP), various workforce development initiatives, as well as, partnering with other national staff to promote and achieve the workforce and safety strategic goals.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Safety training and evaluation process, STEP: • Manage the master schedule. • Manage annual revisions and updates of STEP application process (paper and on-line). • Arrange printing and mass mailing of form (if needed). • Distribute select quantities of forms to chapter leadership/safety directors. • Distribute form to chapters. • Address telephone inquiries regarding completion of form (i.e. provide customer service). • Tracking payments for enrolment and awards. • Reconcile data with ABC database (program analytics and payments). • Interface with vendor to make sure certificates are: proofed issued, and delivered on time. • Generate electronic certificates. • Provide past STEP participations to chapters and ABC National staff as needed for (AQC and EIC). • Interface with members and ABC team members on trouble shooting regarding the on-line solutions and relate to technical team as appropriate. • Work directly with Director of Safety to promote the program among chapters • Work with necessary staff on various projects that may include, but are not limited to: o Developing Marketing and Chapter Resources o Mailings o Updating records o Updating website o AMS records and reports • Produce required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and data including but not limited to o Monthly dashboard and balance score card o Quarterly updates o Safety Performance Report o Year in Review o ADHOC reports as needed
National Safety Excellence Awards (NSEA) • Manage the master schedule. • Manage annual revisions and updates of NSEA application process • Arrange printing and mass mailing of forms (if needed). • Manage, create and distribute NSEA communications to chapter leadership/safety directors. • Address telephone inquiries regarding completion of form (i.e. provide customer service). • Tracking payments for enrolment and awards. • Reconcile data with ABC database (program analytics and payments). • Manage and coordinate NSEA judging process and schedules • Manage webinars for judging platform • Interface with vendor to make sure awards are: proofed issued, and delivered on time. • Provide support to chapters and ABC National staff as needed for (AQC and EIC). • Interface with members and ABC team members on trouble shooting (as appropriate). • Work directly with EIC team to create and approve script for EIC Gala • On site assistance for the EIC Gala • Ability to assist supervisor and staff with various project that may include, but are not limited to: o Developing Marketing and Chapter Resources o Mailings o Updating records o Updating website
Drug and Alcohol Free Website • Manage all aspects of the Contractors Coalition for a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace website including but not limited to; o Monitoring the website information accuracy and relevance o Insure accuracy of the web counter o Working with web design team on edits, updates and revision o Producing web analytics as requested or needed
ABC National Safety Academy • Manage all aspects of the safety academy including but not limited to o Session logistics for certification class (e.g. slide deck, facilitator and participant guides and related material) o Instructor certification data (e.g. renewals, sessions taught, locations, etc.) o Annually updating and distributing the Safety Academy material to facilitators o Providing session information as requested o Produce all analytics and data related to reporting the status of the initiative across the association
Other Duties As assigned¬: • Work with immediate supervisor to ensure systems and processes are in place to meet the ABC Safety and Health strategic objectives and plan • Work with workforce development and HS&E team members and other national staff members in a broad capacity to ensure superior customer service and value is added across the association.
• Ability to work in computer operations and automated platforms. • Working of SQL preferred. • Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access). • Experience working in relational data base structure or association management software (AMS). • Proficient in Adobe. • Prior work in membership database is a plus. • Ability to manage multiple programs and projects, adhere to schedule timelines and deadlines and budgetary obligations, and complete all action items as defined. • World-class customer service experience and skills. • Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
• A minimum of a two-year college degree from an accredited institution or verifiable experience of 3-5 years working in an association environment, specifically in data and project management.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
• Attention to detail is a must. • Professional demeanor and presentation of self. • Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines. • Writing and verbal skills. • Self-starter highly organized. • Coordination of projects, meetings and/or events a plus. • Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule. • Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently. • Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues. • Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards. • Work accurately with close attention to detail. • Minimal travel, but willing to if need.
• It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
• While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
About Associated Builders & Contractors
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national association with chapters located throughout the USA representing tens of thousands of merit shop construction and construction-related firms with millions of employees. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors of the industry.
• ABC is the construction industry's voice with the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government and with state and local governments, as well as with the news media.
• ABC's mission is the advancement of the merit shop construction philosophy, which encourages open competition and a free-enterprise approach that awards contracts based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation.
• Through its national office and chapters, ABC's objective is to provide its members with an organization to deal with issues on an industry-wide basis.
• ABC's activities include government representation, legal advocacy, education, workforce development, communications, technology, recognition through national and chapter awards programs, employee bene...fits, information on best practices and business development through an online contractor search directory.
• ABC’s Value Proposition to its members is based on the merit shop philosophy, helping members win work and deliver work safely, ethically, and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
ABC was founded in 1950 when seven contractors gathered in Baltimore, MD to create an association based on the shared belief that construction projects should be awarded on merit to the most qualified and responsible low bidders. Their courage and dedication to the merit shop philosophy spread rapidly, and within time, ABC became the fastest-growing association in the United States. Today, ABC is recognized as one of the leading organizations representing America's business community and the merit shop construction industry.