Do you thrive in an environment that is both people oriented and self-directed? Is International travel something you enjoy?
The Acoustical Society of America (ASA) is seeking an experienced Standards Manager to run the operational activities of the ASA Standards Office.
Our ideal candidate is highly collaborative, service oriented and is deeply knowledgeable on consensus building.
· Participate with the ASA Committee on Standards (ASACOS) in the administration, policy-making, and development of ASA standards
· Interact with a variety of organizations and institutions regarding operational, contractual, financial, and public relations activities, related to consensus standards development
· Responsible for operational activities including, strategic direction, long-term goals, budget, finance and policy issues
· Establish plans to improve the standards development process
· Create and maintain accurate records for audit purposes
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with 10 years of work experience
· 5 or more years of experience in standards developing organizations and/or professional societies including management, legal compliance, budgeting and contract
· Must have demonstrated skills in project management, the aptitude to manage and develop volunteers in a structured, rule-based environment with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams in different time zones
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including editing, are required
Skills crucial to success in this role:
· Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a consensus environment
· Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented and ability to multi task
· Advanced MS Office skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· International travel and work experience or foreign language skills are desirable
This position is located in the ASA office in Melville, NY, but is managed remotely in a matrix structure. It also requires approximately 40 days of domestic and international travel per year.
If you feel you have the qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Division of the American Institute of Physics Publishing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
The Acoustical Society of America publishes a wide variety of material related to the knowledge and practical application of acoustics for physical scientists, life scientists, engineers, psychologists, physiologists, architects, musicians, and speech communication specialists.
The Acoustical Society of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer