The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals, and promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The Conference and Event Manager is responsible for organizing and managing ISA’s annual conference and tradeshow, tree climbing championships, and various other meetings and events, both domestic and international. This position is responsible for pre-planning and execution of all event activities in coordination with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any issues that arise. The Conference and Event Manager plays a critical role in developing creative and strategic event solutions while providing outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Understands ISA’s mission and adheres to organization and staff core values.
• Leads and coordinates all aspects of conferences, meetings, tradeshows and other events for multiple clients, including pre-planning, on-site execution and post-event wrap-up; specifically, coordination of housing, registration, audio/visual, shuttle bus, F&B, including recommendations for site selections. This includes managing the policy and bidding process, ensuring that ISA-supported events follow a bid rotation, and fulfill the requirements outlined in the event contract.
• For conference and tradeshow event management, oversees floorplan management, management of general service contractors, security, exhibitor service kit development, registration management, and convention partner. Also contributes to the development of ancillary meeting materials.
• Visits potential convention and meeting sites and works with convention centers, hotels, convention/tourist bureau officials, and local suppliers to inspect facilities and negotiate venue contracts for the ISA Annual International Conference and various other events.
• Oversees financial management responsibilities, including budget creation, monitoring revenue/expense performance. Reviews event supplier invoices for accuracy and approves payment.
• Manages staff and volunteer assignments at Annual International Conference and the International Tree Climbing Championship and secures guest accommodations for ISA staff and Board of Directors.
• Provides onsite management to ensure that all arrangements are executed properly. This includes ensuring that assistance is provided to attendees regarding general information, registration, housing, transport, communication, entertainment, audiovisual arrangements, and security. It also includes all contact with local vendors and suppliers.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises and devises contingency plans.
• Takes accountability to review and ensure adherence to all project documents, contracts and agreements.
• Adheres to and develops processes related to meetings and events that ensure consistent service to event partners, sponsors, and attendees.
• Works with ISA Components to contract and support an annual Regional Congress.
• Provides superior levels of customer service to promote a positive customer experience for all attendees and partners associated with ISA meetings and events.
To view the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit the ISA Job Bank
ISA is an equal opportunity employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred in a related degree program from an accredited college or university. Will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least five years of event management or related experience.
• Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) accreditation preferred.
• Experience in a non-profit or educational organization preferred.
SEE FULL LIST OF REQUIREMENTS ON JOB DESCRIPTION POSTED ON ISA WEBSITE.
Internal Number: 151
About International Society of Arboriculture
The ISA Mission Statement:Through research, technology, and education, the International Society of Arboriculture promotes the professional practice of arboriculture and fosters a greater worldwide awareness of the benefits of trees.A Tradition of Professionalism-The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) has served the tree care industry for 90 years as a scientific and educational organization. ISA was founded in 1924 when a group of 40 individuals, each engaged in a phase of tree work or research, were called together by the Connecticut Tree Protection Examining Board to discuss shade tree problems and their possible solutions. It was during this meeting that the group identified a need for gathering tree care information and for providing a means for its dissemination. The National Shade Tree Conference was founded soon after.The National Shade Tree Conference experienced gradual growth until 1929, when the economy in the United States collapsed and membership in the young organization sank to 14 and continued to look bleak for several years. In 1936, membership experienced a spike and grew from 33 to 147. With few exceptions, steady growth has been seen every year since....Due to its influence and membership spreading beyond the borders of the United States, the organization changed its name to the International Shade Tree Conference in 1968. Only a few years later, in 1976, in order to more accurately reflect its broadening scope, the name was again changed, this time to the International Society of Arboriculture.ISA continues to be a dynamic medium through which arborists around the world share their experience and knowledge for the benefit of society. ISA is aligned on many fronts with other green organizations and is working hard to foster a better understanding of trees and tree care through research and the education of professionals as well as global efforts to inform tree care consumers.